Self-Assessment Fortnight

Dear PPS People,

The next two weeks form the first of the two periods of self-assessment in
the course.  This is a chance for you to look back over the material in
the first four sections and find out how you are doing. Although we
provide you with exercises and quizzes to help you assess your progress,
the results of these do not count towards the final result.

Please look at the self-assessment page on the course hypertree:-
http://pps9900.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/course/self-assess/index.html

The (optional!) assessment exercises fall into two parts. There is a
multiple-choice quiz focusing on protein geometry and a set of short
answer questions covering the whole of the course so far. We would like
you to send your answers to these questions, by email, to your tutor to
arrive by February 4. Please let them know if you know that you will need
more time to complete these. Don't worry if you don't know who your tutor
is just yet, as tutors will be getting in touch with their students over
the next couple of days.

We also provide links to some revision material on the amino acids,
including a quiz developed for the 1997-8 PPS course.

There will be one extra MUD session this week, in which we will discuss
all the material covered so far:
                 ** Thursday 27 January at 21:00 GMT **
I hope that this time will suit those students who have been finding it
difficult to make MUD sessions held in the afternoon and late evening (UK
time). If you fit into this category, please do try to make an extra
effort to be there (and let me know if it is impossible for you).

Good luck!

Best wishes,

Dr. Clare Sansom
c.sansom@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Course developer, Principles of Protein Structure