Welcome to PPS 99/00 !!

Dear PPS students

Welcome to the PPS course! I hope you will find this year good fun as well
as intellectually rewarding. I am the PPS Organiser who is responsible for
the course and I would like to introduce my colleagues who do most of the
work.

The Course Team
---------------
Clare Sansom is our course developer as well as a tutor who will be
running most of our MUD sessions (see below).

Jim Pitts is a tutor and Dave Houldershaw is our technical co-ordinator.

Annie Chandler is our course administrator.

Ian Tickle looks after our MUD.

Our email names are of the form a.chandler, d.houldershaw etc so to
contact Clare you would do

c.sansom@bbk.ac.uk

Please do not hesitate to contact us individually on technical or
administrative queries.

Discussion list
---------------

For scientific queries please send them to our discussion list so that
everybody can see them (and even have a chance of answering them). The
address is

pps9900@list.cryst.bbk.ac.uk

Section 1
---------

You should now study the section 1 material which we have released
today. You will find it at

http://pps9900.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/ppscore/section1/index/shtml

You can get there by following the pointer to Course Material from the
99/00 Main Index. To see the course material, you need a password which
Dave will send you.

MUD
---

Clare will be emailing you about this. You can read about our MUD in the
Section 1 material.

That's all for now. I hope to meet you soon in the MUD!

Cheers
David

David S Moss				|	Tel: +44-20-7631-6802
Professor of Biomolecular Structure	|	Fax: +44-20-7631-6803
Department of Crystallography		|
Birkbeck College			|	Email:
Malet Street				|	Office: d.moss@bbk.ac.uk
London WC1E 7HX				|	Home: david@dmoss.demon.co.uk